Online Juried Elected Members Exhibition
July 10 — August 21, 2021
The Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour is proud to present “BEYOND the EDGE”
Online Juried Elected Members Exhibition – CSPWC website gallery
This exhibition is open strictly to submissions painted in Water Based Media as defined in this call for entry. This is your opportunity to use water based media in a new and explorative way.
Click on the image below to see the results:
CSPWC was encouraged to have 67 elected members answer the watermedia call of entry to Beyond the Border.
The 3 Jurors did not have an easy job deciding. Thank you to everyone who submitted their work!!
Submission open: April 23, 2021
Deadline for submissions: June 18, 2021
Jury complete: July 1, 2021
Online exhibition dates: July 10 — August 21, 2021
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1) Artists may submit up to 2 digital images, however only one painting per applicant may be accepted for the exhibition.
2) Sales: 25% commission is deducted from the sale price. Prices must be in Canadian dollars and cannot be changed. Artists have the option of having a work “not for sale”. In this case, a value does not need to be included.
3) All paintings must be original, created by the artist who is submitting.
4) Paintings must not be derivative or based on the work of others or in any way an infringement of copyright. Using stock imagery or photos taken by professional photographers is not permissible, even with permission or paid licensing.
5) All Water Based Media except water soluble oils are allowed. All paper supports are allowed.
6) “Beyond the Edge” Elected Members Exhibition is strictly open to submissions painted in Water Based Media as defined in this call for entry.
7) The Jury and/or the Exhibition Chair, reserve the right not to post/exhibit any painting which does not conform to all the rules of the competition.
8) Entries that are accepted for exhibition will remain on display until the end date of the online exhibition on August 21, 2021. The CSPWC reserves the right to remove any posted online painting at any time for any reason.
This exhibition is open to Elected CSPWC members only, and entry is adjudicated by digital image. Award – winning paintings will be selected from the digital image.
Entry Fee: (for up to two images)
Elected CSPWC Members $25.00
Entry fees are non – refundable. (Canadian Dollars)
Submission is closed
Submissions open April 23, 2021 at:
You will be required to create a free account at artcall.org with a username and password. Sign in to make your submission and follow all instructions.
Images must be a maximum of 1920 pixels on the long side at a resolution of 300 px/inch. Maximum file size 4 MB.
Please ensure your images are cropped to show only the painting. Do not include mats, frames or backgrounds of any kind.
Please indicate whether the painting is for sale and enter the value in Canadian dollars. (If not for sale, enter 0.) Paintings are not required to be for sale.
Notification of acceptance or non – acceptance will be by email after July 1, 2021. Award recipients will be notified by July 5, 2021.
By submission of entry, the artist grants the CSPWC the right to use the image of the accepted work for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
By submission of entry, the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions of entry as per this form.
Guides for ArtCall.org
An elected member of the Alberta Society of Artists, the Society of Canadian Artists, and the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour. David has been successful in having work accepted into national and international juried exhibitions as well as juried traveling exhibitions.
He has won national awards for his work.He attended two Emma Lake workshops and is an elected member of ‘Group Nine’, a Calgary based group.
David is an experienced awards, exhibition and membership juror and is frequently called upon to critique work of groups and individuals. He also mentors individual artists.
Jurying is the process which is based on the Jurors evolving knowledge.
My decisions will be based on – an understanding of the effective use of composition – how the chosen medium/mediums support the composition and whether the Artists intent – is brought to content in the painting.
I have juried both Nationally and Internationally – and am honoured to be part of the growth of The Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour – and its members.
Suzanne is an interdisciplinary artist whose explorations have crossed into the worlds of poetry, video, photography, and textile. Her subject matter over thirty years of work has included the human body, crow migration, butterfly cycles and bog wetlands. She values the freedom to study in an organic way, allowing the subject to suggest the methodology, watching to see how what is learned in one domain informs another. As an instructor, Northcott works to illuminate mysteries of the creative process with humour and insight and is known for her ability to help students break through to new personal ground in their work. Northcott’s work is held in numerous private and public collections.
DORIS MCCARTHY AWARD: $500 cash award
PRESIDENT’S AWARD: $100 cash award
SWINTON’S ART SUPPLIES AWARD: $100 gift certificate
HOLBEIN ARTIST MATERIALS AWARD:
set of Gouache paints
FINE ART CONNOISSEUR MAGAZINE AWARD:
One – year Print Subscription (valued at $39.97)
PLEINAIR MAGAZINE AWARD:
One – year Print Subscription (valued at $39.97)
The CSPWC/SCPA sincerely thanks our generous sponsors!
The awards list has been confirmed at the time of publication; however, the CSPWC/SCPA does not assume responsibility if a sponsor withdraws an award.
Additional Awards are being processed. Please check our website for updates: www.cspwc.ca
For further information email CSPWC administrator at info @cspwc.ca