President – Marlene Madole
1st Vice President – Poppy Balser
Past President – Sandra (Sam) L. Boehner
Director – Alice Bottrill
Director – Jean Pederson
Director – Ellen Catherwood
Director – Elizabeth Gilbert
Director – Wendy Hoffmann
Director – Helen Shideler
Atlantic Region – Gary McFarland
Quebec Region – Shari Blaukopf
Northern Ontario – Linda Finn
Southern Ontario – Anita Wood
The Prairies Region – Brent Laycock
British Columbia & the North Region – Marney-Rose Edge
Membership Committee Chair – Elizabeth Gilbert
Open Water Chair & Open Water Awards Chair 2023 – Rayne Tunley
2025-2026 100th Anniversary Projects Chair – Marlene Madole
Archives Chair – Marlene Madole
CSPWC Diploma Collection Chair – Marlene Madole
Education Chair – Poppy Balser
Fundraising, Chair Foundations & Grants – Marlene Madole
Membership Chair – Missy Acker
Killarney Excursion 2024 Co-Chairs – Marlene Madole and Brian Atyeo
Nominating Committee – Marlene Madole
Royal Collection Project, Phase 3, the 2025 Collection – Linda Kemp
Website Chair – Norman Choo
The Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour (CSPWC) was founded in 1925 by some of the most illustrious artists in Canadian Art history who passionately believed in the importance of water colour as a medium. The CSPWC encourages experimentation while honouring the transparent tradition of the medium.
With a strong base of volunteers, the CSPWC:
- honours excellence in water colour through Open Water an annual juried exhibition with major awards, open to all artists.
- presents regional, national and international exhibitions of work by members.
- organizes workshops and demonstrations across the country.
- collects contemporary and historical Canadian water colours.
- online, streaming, in person learning sessions, and symposiums are produced and offered regularly.
- Funded by a bequest of a long time CSPWC member, the Ethel Racius Award* is offered annually to a student of Central Technical School in Toronto – a high school specializing in arts education.
* Ethel Racius (1920-2006) became a member in 1963. Won the Honour Award (best in CSPWC Annual show) 5 years before her membership in 1958. The Award started in 2007.